The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a global investment management leader including retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies.
With a focus on small and medium-sized businesses and global asset management, our goal is to help businesses and people meet their financial goals.
Company profiles, including the latest awards and recognition
- Latest Quarterly Company Profile in English (PDF: 237 KB - as of 06/30/2013)
- 2012 Year-End Company Profile in English (PDF: 184 KB - as of 12/31/2012)
- Year-End Company Profile in Spanish (PDF: 347 KB - as of 12/31/2011)
- Year-End Company Profile in Portuguese (PDF: 252 KB - as of 12/31/2011)
- Year-End Company Profile in Simplified Chinese (PDF: 569 KB - as of 12/31/2012)
- Year-End Company Profile in Traditional Chinese (PDF: 4.14 MB - as of 12/31/2012)
Related company information:
- Read the latest news about The Principal
- Get facts, research, and tips in the Principal Research Center
- Get details about our business continuity planning program
- Find out how we protect you and your information (PDF: 128 KB)
The international operations of The Principal provide a variety of financial services products to meet the needs of growing businesses. Through wholly owned companies and joint venture partnerships, we provide a broad range of financial services in countries around the world.
Related information about our international operations:
- View details about our worldwide operations (PDF: 4 MB)
- See a listing of our global locations by country
Principal Global Investors, a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, manages assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients. Our investment capabilities encompass an extensive range of equity, fixed income and real estate investments as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Visit www.principalglobal.com for more information.
Retirement & Investments
A leading provider of defined contribution plans and total retirement solutions innovator, The Principal® offers a wide range of workplace retirement plans and programs including 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit plans, Employer Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP), nonqualified deferred compensation plans, group annuities, individual 401(k)s, SIMPLE & SEP IRAs for non-profit, government, union and for-profit organizations of all sizes.
The Principal offers investment opportunities for individuals as well, including mutual funds, annuities, rollover IRAs, traditional and Roth IRAs, as well as retirement planning and investment tools and education for savers in all life stages.
Related retirement and investments information:
- See retirement products and services for businesses
- See retirement products and services for individuals
As a premier provider of employee benefits, the Principal Financial Group offers group disability, life, vision and dental insurance to growing companies across the United States.
The Principal also offers life and disability insurance for estate planning, business continuation, executive benefits and financial planning for business owners, senior executives and key employees.
Related insurance information:
Principal Bank offers a cost-efficient, convenient way to do your everyday banking. With 24/7 Internet access to your accounts when and where you'd like and personal bankers available 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Central time), excluding holidays.
Related banking information: