Corporate Responsibility: In the Community
Helping people is an important part of what we do at the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®). The company and the Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. work together to give to those in need through a variety of programs.
Our company and our employees contribute to the community in many ways:
- The Principal Volunteer Network, our employee volunteer organization, is committed to promoting volunteerism throughout the company. It is made up of employees actively seeking to improve the quality of life in their community.
- Employee board service/placements
- Signature Project: The Principal Riverwalk is a $70 million dollar project revitalizing the downtown Des Moines riverfront.
- Community Grants Program – since 2000, The Principal and the Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. have awarded over $90 million to non-profit organizations that are making a difference in the communities where our employees work and live.
- In-kind Giving – Surplus office supplies, equipment, and computers are available for donation to qualifying organizations.
- Matching Gifts Program – Employees, retirees, and qualifying agents/producers can leverage our matching gift program for United Way, Higher Education and qualifying K-12 Foundations (including Dollars for Scholars).
- Supporting events that are meaningful and impact our communities.