Request a Sponsorship
Does your request match our objectives?
The Principal Financial Group® has limited funds available for sponsorship activities. We concentrate our sponsorship efforts on organizations, events and programs that match our business objectives:
- Increasing brand awareness and favorability
- Increasing customer/producer loyalty
- Increasing product/service sales
- Supporting quality of life in the communities in which our employees live and work
The Principal generally does not engage in sponsorships with the following types of organizations or activities:
- Amateur athletes or athletic organizations
- Courtesy or goodwill advertising in publications
- Fraternal organizations (police, fire associations)
- Hospital or health care facility fund-raising events
- Individual K-12 schools
- Organizations, projects or programs outside the U.S. or mainly international
- Political parties, campaigns or candidates, partisan political organizations
- Sectarian, religious and denominational organizations
- Social organizations
- Tax supported city, county or state organizations
- Other events/activities that are incompatible with our corporate brand image
How to request a sponsorship
Before contacting The Principal with a sponsorship request, please carefully review the types of events and programs in which we do or do not participate. If you submit a request, we will follow up with you to request additional information if the opportunity is of interest to us. Please do not send large proposal files with your initial request.
To request a sponsorship, provide the following information in a one-page document, preferably by e-mail:
- A description of the proposed sponsorship—location, audience, scope, objectives and other sponsors involved
- An explanation of how the sponsorship matches the stated business objectives of The Principal
- The cost of the proposed sponsorship
Where to send your request
- Requests for a national or regional program/event
Please submit your information via email to Chris Riedel King, Assistant Director-Sponsorships, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests for a Central Iowa or local based program/event
Please submit your information via email to Joe Sheridan, Community Relations, email@example.com.
Do you need a grant for a non-profit organization?
Interested in applying for a grant through our charitable giving program? Find out how to apply.