Looking for an investment leader you can trust? Look no further.
Winner: 2012 Best Places to Work in Money Management
#1 among companies with more than 1,000 employees
"Employees completing a Pensions & Investments' Best Places to Work survey cited the work culture, the location and—most frequently—the ability to have a good work-life balance as the best things about the 133-year-old company."
— Pensions & Investments, Dec. 10 2012
Larry Zimpleman discusses our growth strategy with Institutional Investor
Larry Zimpleman, CEO of the Principal Financial Group, shares how The Principal has grown into a global investment management leader.
For more than 130 years, The Principal has been helping people and businesses manage their investments in all kinds of markets.
No other company is more focused on helping you achieve your financial goals.
In fact, more than 18 million customers worldwide trust us with their hard-earned dollars, and here's why:
- We are a recognized leader in investment management, with more than $456.1 billion in assets under management.
- We are the 4th largest manager of target-date lifecycle mutual funds in the U.S.
- We are a Top 10 manager of Real Estate.
- We manage assets for 10 of the 25 world's largest retirement funds.
- We are the 28th largest U.S. money manager out of 300 managers profiled.
- We manage assets for 12 of the 25 largest U.S. retirement plans.
Investors should carefully consider a fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses prior to investing. A prospectus containing this and other information can be obtained by contacting a financial professional, visiting principalfunds.com, or by calling 800.222.5852. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.
A mutual fund's share price and investment return will vary with market conditions, and the principal value of an investment when you sell your shares may be more or less than the original cost.
The Principal LifeTime Funds, which are target-date funds, invest in underlying Principal Funds. Each Principal LifeTime Fund is managed toward a particular target (retirement) date, or the approximate date the participant or investor starts withdrawing money. As each Principal LifeTime Fund approaches its target date, the investment mix becomes more conservative by increasing exposure to generally more conservative investment options and reducing exposure to typically more aggressive investment options. The asset allocation for each Principal LifeTime Fund is regularly re-adjusted within a timeframe that extends 10-15 years beyond the target date, at which point it reaches its most conservative allocation. Principal LifeTime Funds assume the value of the investor's account will be withdrawn gradually during retirement. Neither the principal nor the underlying assets of the Principal LifeTime Funds are guaranteed at any time, including the target date. Investment risk remains at all times.
Insurance issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co. (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Securities offered through Princor Financial Services Corp., 800.247.1737, member SIPC. Principal Funds, Inc. is distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc. Institutional Asset Management provided by Principal Global Investors. Principal National, Principal Life, Princor®, Principal Funds Distributor and Principal Global Investors are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.
t11061603uv / t12041103wm
- Assets under management figure for the various companies of the Principal Financial Group, as of 09/30/2012.
- Principal Funds ranked as the fourth largest manager of target-date lifecycle funds in the United States by Financial Research Corporation Lifecycle Fund Analytic Report. September 2011. "Active multi-managed target-date choices" describes the underlying assets.
- Principal Real Estate Investors is a Top 10 manager of Real Estate. Managers ranked by total worldwide real estate assets. Real estate assets reported net of leverage and 93 managers profiled. "The Largest Real Estate Managers", Pensions & Investments, October 15, 2012, data as of 6/30/2012.
- The list is derived from "P&I/Towers Watson World 300: The Largest Retirement Funds," dated September 3, 2012, compared to our internal records.
- Managers ranked by total assets under management as of Dec. 31, 2011. “America’s Top 300 Money Managers,” Institutional Investor, July, 2012
- The list is derived from the PENSIONS & INVESTMENTS, "P&I 1,000" dated Feb. 4, 2013, compared to our internal records.