Focus on the Positive: Still Time to Enter National Employee Benefits Recognition
Blue-ribbon judging panel unveiled for The Principal 10 Best—2009
(Des Moines, Iowa) — In the face of staggering economic pressures, many employers are still finding ways to help their employees feel financially secure. The Principal Financial Group® believes those companies deserve to be showcased and issues a reminder that there is still time to seek national recognition.
Organizations have until May 1, 2009 to submit entries for The Principal® 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security. Each entrant will receive a customized employee benefits report comparing their benefits to those of The Principal 10 Best and other entrants.
Eight renowned experts in employee benefits and human resources will evaluate companies in the context of current market conditions.
"Judges understand the enormous challenges companies are facing in this environment and they will take that into consideration as they review entrants," says Luke Vandermillen, vice president, The Principal®.
The independent panel will work with the respected market research firm of Matthew Greenwald & Associates to pick the honorees. Winners will be announced in the fall of 2009.
The 2009 judges of The Principal 10 Best Companies are:
- Nevin Adams, editor-in-chief, PLANSPONSOR Magazine and PLANSPONSOR.com
- John McClain, vice president of human resources for NORCAL Mutual Insurance, one of The Principal 10 Best Companies—2008
- Angelo Nardi, executive vice president, Gallagher Benefit Services
- Connie Rank-Smith, vice president of human resources, Jewelers Mutual Insurance, one of The Principal 10 Best Companies—2008
- Corey Rosen, executive director & founder, National Center for Employee Ownership
- Dallas Salisbury, president and CEO, Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Timothy A Welsh, director, McKinsey & Company
- David L. Wray, president, The Profit Sharing/401k Council of America (PSCA)
The Principal Financial Group® sponsors the national recognition. Now in its eighth year, the program honors growing companies for their commitment to their employees' financial security.
What winners receive
The recognition showcases winners as role models for other growing businesses—through publicity and a nationally distributed Best Practices Guide. Winners receive a donation to the charity of their choice. Winners often include the recognition in their marketing materials.
About The Principal 10 Best Companies Program
The Principal 10 Best Companies is a national program that recognizes small and medium-size companies that excel at giving their employees a financial edge. Entrants must
- Have between 5 and 1,000 employees
- Be based in the United States
- Have provided a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years
- Offer traditional employee benefits such as retirement, health, life or disability
No entry fee is required. Companies owned by employees of The Principal are not eligible to enter. For more information, visit www.principal.com/10best .
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $247.0 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.1 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of December 31, 2008