Life Happens; New Tools Help Financial Pros Step In
The Principal unveils new Life Events kit
September 1, 2009 (Des Moines, IA) — Every eight seconds a baby is born and a boomer hits retirement age. Whether a planned milestone or a surprise setback, life events create financial needs and trigger relationship-building opportunities for financial professionals.
A new Life Events kit from the Principal Financial Group® offers financial professionals tools to identify these opportunities and take action to help clients through life's ups and downs.
The kit is the latest segment within the award-winning More Business. Less Time. program. The Principal created the program to help financial professionals work their book of business easily and effectively.
"Life events—like getting married, buying a home or retiring—give financial professionals an array of opportunities to demonstrate their value, deepen relationships and provide additional solutions to existing clients," said Steve Becker, vice president, Business Development—Annuity Services at The Principal®. "Expanding relationships with existing clients is the most efficient way to expand a book of business."
The kit provides easy-to-follow steps and effective marketing materials focused on specific life events to help financial professionals build their business. The kit shows:
- How to identify when life events are occurring;
- What life event strategies to use with clients;
- How to help clients identify action steps through a series of event-specific checklists; and
- How to get started using life events to build their existing book of business.
Financial professionals can obtain the Life Events kit by calling the Annuity Sales Desk at 866-309-1623.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $257.7 billion in assets under management and serves some 18.8 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- "Births: Final Data for 2006," http://cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57_07.pid, February 2009 and United States Bureau of the Census
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of June 30, 2009