Deadline Extended for Companies to Enter National Employee Benefits Recognition
Prestigious judging panel unveiled for The Principal 10 Best-2010
April 5, 2010 (Des Moines, IA) - As America rebuilds from the economic downturn, many employers have remained focused on ways to help their employees feel financially secure.
The Principal Financial Group® believes those companies deserve to be showcased and is extending the deadline for those who want to seek national recognition.
Organizations have until May 7, 2010, to submit entries for The Principal® 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security. Now in its ninth year, the program honors growing companies for their commitment to their employees' financial security.
Each entrant will receive a customized employee benefits report comparing their benefits to those of The Principal 10 Best and other entrants.
Nine renowned experts in employee benefits and human resources will select the winners who will receive national recognition and acclaim as role models for other growing businesses. Judges will evaluate the entrants in the context of current economic realities.
"In the nine years we've been conducting this search, we've been impressed by the creativity and resiliency of growing businesses who remain committed to employees through all market conditions," says Luke Vandermillen, vice president, The Principal®. "We're looking forward to showcasing more great employers in 2010."
The independent panel will work with the respected market research firm of Matthew Greenwald & Associates to pick the honorees. Winners will be announced in the fall of 2010.
The 2010 judges of The Principal 10 Best Companies are:
- Dallas Salisbury, president and CEO, Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Nevin Adams, editor-in-chief, PLANSPONSOR Magazine and PLANSPONSOR.com
- Donna Drackett, vice president and CFO for Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc. (PAR, Inc), one of The Principal 10 Best Companies-2009
- Deborah Hall-Pope, chief human resources and organizational services officer, ASCD, one of The Principal 10 Best Companies-2009
- Jim Harrington, vice president of global human resources at Synaptics Inc., one of The Principal 10 Best Companies-2009
- Angelo Nardi, executive vice president, Gallagher Benefit Services
- Corey Rosen, executive director & founder, National Center for Employee Ownership
- Timothy A Welsh, director, McKinsey & Company
- David L. Wray, president, The Profit Sharing/401k Council of America (PSCA)
What winners receive
The recognition showcases winners through publicity and a nationally distributed Best Practices Guide. Winners receive a donation to the charity of their choice. Winners often include the recognition in their marketing materials.
About The Principal 10 Best Companies Program
The Principal 10 Best Companies is a national program that recognizes small- and medium-size companies that excel at giving their employees a financial edge. Entrants' requirements include:
- Up to 5 and 1,000 employees
- Based in the United States
- Provided a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years
- Offer traditional employee benefits such as retirement, health, life or disability
No entry fee is required. Companies owned by employees of The Principal are not eligible to enter. For more information, visit www.principal.com/10best.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $284.7 billion in assets under management and serves some 18.9 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.