Helping Third Party Administrators and Financial Pros Capture Market Share
The Principal announces yearlong TPA expense allowance program
August 9, 2010 (Des Moines, IA) - To help financial professionals and third party administrators (TPAs) capture more retirement business, the Principal Financial Group® announces a new TPA installation expense allowance program. The program runs for a full year and applies to start-up and transfer retirement plans administered with a TPA.
The new allowance is intended to help offset TPA plan installation fees. When combined with the existing administrative support and program efficiencies offered through the Principal TPA EdgeSM program, plan sponsors can deliver an even greater value to their plan participants.
“TPA is the service model of choice for a growing number of financial professionals and their clients. More than 42 percent of new retirement plan business with under $5 million in assets uses the services of a TPA, ” said Jeff Schreiber, vice president of TPA business development at The Principal®. “Because our service model revolves around financial professionals and TPAs, we are stepping up our support to give them an edge with potential clients. This allowance is just one more example of our dedication to the TPA marketplace.”
Available from August 1, 2010 through July 31, 2011, the installation allowance is the latest enhancement to the Principal TPA EdgeSM program, which offers financial professionals and TPAs:
- State-of-the-art technology and services that help simplify processes and allow TPAs to focus on growing their business.
- A robust investment platform offering multiple investment managers with the security of a comprehensive fiduciary support program.
- TPA Relations Consultants with more than 18 years experience who are dedicated specifically to TPAs.
- Total retirement solutions available for TPA administered plans for both profit and non-profit organizations including defined benefit, defined contribution - such as 401(k) and 403(b), nonqualified and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Strong local presence in more than 50 cities across the United States with local personnel and services dedicated to TPAs, financial professionals and plan sponsors.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $284.7 billion in assets under management and serves some 18.9 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.