Deadline Nears to Enter 10th Annual National Search for Best Companies
Esteemed judging panel unveiled for The Principal 10 Best Companies–2011
April 7, 2011 (Des Moines, Iowa) – In the wake of the financial crisis, some employers stand out for maintaining their commitment to employee financial security. These organizations now have until May 6, 2011, to gain the national recognition they deserve by entering The Principal® 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security.
For the 10th year in a row, the Principal Financial Group® will honor growing companies that excel at helping employees achieve their financial dreams through strong benefit programs.
Each entrant receives a free customized employee benefits report comparing their benefits to those of The Principal 10 Best Companies and other entrants.
A prestigious panel of experts in employee benefits and human resources will evaluate companies in the context of current economic conditions.
The 2011 judges are:
- Nevin E. Adams, editor-in-chief, PLANSPONSOR Magazine, PLANSPONSOR.com, PLANADVISER Magazine
- Lisa G. Kottler, senior vice president, Retirement Services, NFP Insurance Services, Inc.
- Angelo M. Nardi, CEBS, executive vice president, Gallagher Benefits Services, Inc.
- Pamela Peterson, SPHR®, director, Human Resources, Davidson Technologies, Inc.
- Karen Rhodes, human resources director, Red River Credit Union (RRCU)
- Corey Rosen, senior staff member, National Center for Employee Ownership
- Dallas L. Salisbury, chief executive officer, Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Timothy A. Welsh, director, McKinsey & Company
- David L. Wray, president, The Profit Sharing/ 401k Council of America (PSCA)
The independent panel will work with the respected market research firm of Matthew Greenwald & Associates to pick the honorees. Winners will be announced in the fall of 2011.
What winners receive
Winners will receive national recognition as role models for other growing businesses and are included in a nationally distributed Best Practices Guide. They also receive a donation to the charity of their choice and may include the recognition in their marketing materials.
About The Principal 10 Best Companies Program
The Principal 10 Best Companies nationally recognizes small- and medium-size companies that provide excellent benefits, helping their employees secure their financial future. To enter, companies must:
- Employ at least 5 and up to 1,000 employees
- Headquarter in the United States
- Provide a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years
- Offer traditional employee benefits, such as retirement, health, life or disability
There is no entry fee. Companies owned by employees of The Principal are not eligible to enter. For more information, visit www.principal.com/10best.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $318.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.1 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of Dec. 31, 2010.