The Principal Financial Group Unveils Mobile App to Help Capture Dreams on the Go
December 7, 2011 (Des Moines, Iowa) – The Principal® Dreamcatcher mobile application, a companion to the web Dreamcatcher tool from the Principal Financial Group®, has been added to the Apple App Store for iPhones.
The Dreamcatcher is part of an integrated financial educational campaign, Dream Again with The Principal, which provides easy-to-use resources, like investment management strategies and budgeting and saving tips to help people put their financial dreams into clear focus, and help make those dreams a reality.
The free app allows people to capture photos and ideas representing their financial dreams. No need to be a customer of The Principal.
“In especially volatile and difficult financial times, people want help and encouragement,” said Mary O’Keefe, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, The Principal. “Dreams are easier to reach if you can see them clearly first. That’s where the Dreamcatcher comes in. It’s an easy way to visualize the life you want someday, in pictures, and helps you organize and prioritize, so you can start making financial plans.”
Features of the mobile app include:
- Photos: Capture anything that represents financial dreams. A bigger house. Paying for college. A more secure retirement or add existing images from the iPhone’s photo gallery
- Text: Add text without a photo whenever inspiration strikes
- Dream details: Include potential cost and description of why each dream is important
- Auto-sync: Sync dreams with the full Dreamcatcher experience where users can edit, organize and prioritize dreams and email their Dreamcatcher Report to a financial advisor
- Share: Via Facebook and Twitter
- Get access: Find planning tips, financial tools and help finding an financial advisor
For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a global investment management leader including retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $320.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 17.8 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of September 30, 2011.