Principal Global Investors Executives to Speak at Milken Institute Global Conference
April 26, 2011 (Des Moines, IA) - Principal Global Investors announces that Jim McCaughan, chief executive officer, and Bob Baur, chief global economist, will serve as panelists at the 2011 Milken Institute Global Conference on Tuesday, May 3, in Los Angeles, Calif.
The Milken Institute Global Conference is an important venue for thought leaders in a wide range of disciplines to present their views before an informed, influential audience and the news media. Participants include hundreds of CEOs from the world’s top-tier companies, senior foreign and U.S. government officials, leading figures in the global capital markets, forward-thinking academic experts, top journalists, and leaders in education, health care and philanthropy.
In addition to speaking, McCaughan also has been tapped to moderate a panel. Both Baur and McCaughan’s panels will take place on Tuesday, May 3. The subjects and times are as follows:
- “The New Economics of Food,” featuring Bob Baur as a panelist – 8 a.m. PT.
- “Is the US Dollar Losing its Edge?” featuring Jim McCaughan as a panelist – 2:30 p.m. PT.
- “The Federal Deficit: What Options are Really on the Table?” featuring Jim McCaughan as the moderator – 4 p.m. PT.
“It’s always an honor to be among the highly regarded speakers and participants at the annual Milken Institute Global Conference,” said McCaughan. “These topics are certainly timely, and will most definitely be on the minds of many attendees.”
“I look forward to participating as a speaker at this year’s conference,” Baur added. “I’m pleased to be on a panel discussing an important topic with such a distinguished group of experts.”
This is McCaughan’s sixth time serving as a speaker at the Global Conference, and the first time as a moderator. Baur will be participating as a speaker for the first time.
About Principal Global Investors
Principal Global Investors is a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, with expertise in equities, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Principal Global Investors manages $235.3 billion in assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $318.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.1 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG.
- As of March 31, 2011. Principal Global Investors is the asset management arm of the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) and includes the asset management operations of the following subsidiaries of The Principal: Principal Global Investors, LLC; Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC; Spectrum Asset Management, Inc.; Post Advisory Group, LLC; Columbus Circle Investors; Edge Asset Management, Inc.; Morley Financial Services Inc.; Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited; Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Australia) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Japan) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd.; and the majority owned affiliates of Principal International, Inc.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of Dec. 31, 2010.