Fee Disclosure Expert Shares Insights in New Webcast from The Principal
Valuable guidance for financial professionals from nationally known ERISA attorney
February 16, 2011 (Des Moines, IA) - Even though the Department of Labor (DOL) has extended the deadline for one of two new retirement plan fee disclosure regulations—from July 2011 to January 2012— financial professionals are focused now on learning how the new rules will affect them and their clients.
A February 24 webcast from the Principal Financial Group®—featuring noted ERISA expert Jamey Delaplane, a partner at the law firm Davis & Harman, LLP—will give financial professionals much-needed direction on this key issue.
Next Steps: Managing Fee Disclosure Regulations will be held Thursday, February 24th from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Central time. Registration is free at www.eventsvc.com/principal. For those unable to attend, a replay will be available the following week on The Principal® fee disclosure website.
The webcast will cover:
- Plan sponsor and participation fee regulations and timing requirements
- Proposed regulation updating the definition of a fiduciary when providing investment advice
- How the DOL regulations interact
- How the final and proposed regulations could impact the way financial professionals do business
“Financial professionals are understandably concerned about the new fee disclosure rules,” says Doug Grove, vice president, retirement and investors services at The Principal. “By providing free access to Mr. Delaplane’s considerable expertise—as well as to other tools and resources—The Principal can help financial professionals understand what impact the regulations may have on the way they do business.”
The Principal also offers additional fee disclosure resources for financial professionals, available at www.principal.com/feedisclosure, including:
- A white paper by Jamey Delaplane, New Fee Disclosure Rules for Retirement Plan Service Providers: What Financial Professionals Need to Know
- Videos of Mr. Delaplane and senior leaders from The Principal discussing what steps plan sponsors and financial professionals should take to comply with the new rules
- Links to DOL materials about the regulations, including a fact sheet and a guide to understanding plan fees and expenses
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a leader in offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement and investment services, life and health insurance, and banking through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the Fortune 500, the Principal Financial Group has $318.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.1 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of Dec. 31, 2010.