TPAs to Save on Retirement Plan Installation Expenses with The Principal
Program will help TPAs, financial professionals compete for business in 2012
September 7, 2011 (Des Moines, Iowa) – A popular program that helps third party administrators (TPAs) offset installation fees—and get an edge on their competition—is being extended for another full year.
The Principal Financial Group® will continue giving TPAs an installation expense allowance ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 (depending on the size of the plan) for start-up and transfer defined contribution plans in 2012.
The TPA has the ability to pass these savings on to the plan sponsor. That can result in more competitive pricing for plan sponsors, as well as help TPAs and financial professionals capture more retirement plan business.
“We are excited to continue offering this installation expense allowance, even on start-up plans,” said Jeff Schreiber, vice president of TPA business development at The Principal®. “TPAs and financial professionals are central to our business at The Principal. That’s why we do everything we can to help their businesses grow.”
The 2012 installation expense allowance is the latest enhancement to the Principal TPA EdgeSM program, which offers financial professionals and TPAs:
- State-of-the-art technology and services that help simplify processes and allow TPAs to focus on growing their business
- A robust investment platform offering multiple investment managers with the security of a comprehensive fiduciary support program
- Dedicated administration team with an average of more than 10 years of experience who are committed specifically to TPAs
- Total retirement solutions available for TPA-administered plans for both profit and non-profit organizations including defined benefit, defined contribution – such as 401(k) and 403(b), nonqualified and employee stock ownership plans (ESOP)
- Strong local presence in more than 40 cities across the United States with local personnel and services dedicated to TPAs, financial professionals and plan sponsors
For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a retirement and global asset management leader. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, investment services and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $335.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 16.5 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- As of June 30, 2011.
- Retirement Resources, Inc. 401(k) Vendor Profile, June 2010.
- “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.