Retirement Plan Sponsors Get More Disclosure Help from the Principal Financial Group
New Web Feature Gives Customized View of Services from The Principal
August 4, 2011 (Des Moines, Iowa) – In the aftermath of new disclosure requirements from the Department of Labor (DOL), retirement plan sponsors are under more pressure to manage their fiduciary obligations. The new Your Services web feature from the Principal Financial Group® can help plan sponsor clients and their financial professionals comply with new disclosure rules.
Designed to help plan sponsors better understand services they received as a retirement plan client of The Principal®, the Your Services web feature gives plan sponsors a user-friendly profile of services.
“The new Your Services web feature from The Principal is a great way to help plan sponsors get the most out of their retirement plans,” says Monica Kirgan, vice president of retirement and investor services at The Principal. “It gives them an at-a-glance view of their plan services from The Principal, and it lets them see other available services that may benefit their plan.”
The Your Services feature:
- Provides a macro view of the plan sponsor’s retirement plan services from The Principal
- Shows descriptions of each service and whether or not the service is active
- Helps plan sponsors manage their fiduciary responsibilities by identifying the services they receive from The Principal
- Includes a printable summary of services report specific to their services from The Principal
The Your Services feature is the latest in a comprehensive set of resources from The Principal to assist financial professionals and their clients with the new disclosure regulations. The Principal has been making available in-depth education and information since the regulations were unveiled, including:
- A dedicated online resource center www.principal.com/feedisclosure
- Two white papers authored by noted ERISA experts at Davis & Harman LLP
- Webinars for financial professionals and plan sponsors
- For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a retirement and global asset management leader. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, investment services and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. A member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $335.8 billion in assets under management and serves some 16.5 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG.
Davis & Harman LLP is not an affiliate of the Principal Financial Group® or any of its member companies.
t11072400vh – 07/2011
- “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of June 30, 2011.