Helping Third-Party Administrators Grow Profitable Businesses
The Principal offers new program of tools and resources for TPAs
June 20, 2012 (Des Moines, Iowa) TPAs talk. The Principal Financial Group® listens. Based on what TPAs say they need to build and manage their retirement plan businesses, The Principal has created the TPA Value-Add Program.
The comprehensive program of tools, training and resources and resources covers practice management, new business prospecting and retirement plan business education. The suite of materials helps TPAs develop and grow profitable businesses.
“Input from The Principal TPA Council and our years of experience working with TPAs guided the development of this new value-add program,” said Jeff Schreiber, vice president of TPA business development at The Principal. “TPAs are continually striving to build their businesses, efficiently manage their practices and provide even better service to financial professionals and clients. We are committed to helping TPAs achieve their goals and this new program is designed to do just that.”
The Value-Add program offers tools and resources that help TPAs:
- Prospect for new business
- Service existing clients
- Add value to existing relationships
- Implement best practices
- Create efficiencies in their practice
Many of the tools can be housed on TPAs’ websites or incorporated into their firms’ newsletters.
The Value-Add program comes on the heels of several other enhancements to the Principal TPA EdgeSM program. The Principal announced last year that it was extending the popular TPA Installation Expense Allowance program through 2012.
“Response to the enhanced TPA Edge program has been extraordinary,” said Schreiber. “We’ve increased our dedicated TPA staff and enhanced how we recognize TPAs.”
The Principal also offers financial professionals and TPAs:
- State-of-the-art technology and services that help simplify processes and allow TPAs to operate efficiently so they can focus on growing their business
- TPA relationship managers and directors of business development who provide training and help TPA firms develop their businesses
- Dedicated administration team with an average of more than 10 years of experience who are committed specifically to TPAs
- Total retirement solutions available for TPA-administered plans for both profit and non-profit organizations including defined benefit, defined contribution – such as 401(k) and 403(b), nonqualified and employee stock ownership plans (ESOP)
- A robust investment platform offering multiple investment managers with the security of a comprehensive fiduciary support program
- Strong local presence in more than 40 cities across the United States with local personnel and services dedicated to TPAs, financial professionals and plan sponsors
For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a global investment management leader including retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $364.1 billion in assets under management and serves some 17.3 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- As of June 30, 2011.
- Retirement Resources, Inc. 401(k) Vendor Profile, June 2010.
- “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of March 31, 2012.