Principal Financial Group Leaders to Speak at Milken Institute Global Conference
Global Conference includes book debut featuring chapter by executive from The Principal
April 24, 2014 (Des Moines, Iowa) — The Principal Financial Group®, a global investment management leader, announces three executives will speak at the 2014 Milken Institute Global Conference being held April 27 — April 30, 2014, in Los Angeles, Calif.
Considered one of the world's premiere gatherings of high-powered thinkers, the Milken Institute Global Conference brings together thought leaders from a wide range of disciplines to present their views before an equally informed, influential audience and the news media. Hundreds of CEOs from the world's top-tier companies will join senior foreign and U.S. government officials, leading figures in the global capital markets, forward-thinking academic experts, top journalists, and leaders in education, health care and philanthropy.
Panelists representing The Principal®, along with the panel topic and times, are as follows:
- "The Global Economy: Hoping for Momentum amid Tepid Times" moderated by Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors — 8:00 a.m. PDT, Monday, April 28.
- "Emerging Markets: Are They Ready for Steadier Performance?" featuring Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors — 2:30 p.m. PDT, Tuesday, April 29.
- "Pension Funds and the Economics of Retirement: Demographics Drive Allocation" featuring Dan Houston, president of retirement, insurance and financial services at The Principal —
3:45 p.m. PDT, Tuesday, April 29.
- "Crosscurrents in Latin American Business" featuring Luis Valdes, president and CEO, Principal International — 10:00 a.m. PDT, Wednesday, April 30.
McCaughan will also debate Rishi Narang, founding principal at T2AM LLC, on Tuesday, April 29, at 7 a.m. PDT in a session titled, "Trust and the Markets: A Debate on High-Frequency Trading." This will be McCaughan's eleventh time participating in a panel at the Global Conference, and Houston's second.
The Principal exec contributes to book on aging
A new book sponsored by the Milken Institute, The Upside of Aging, How Long Life is Changing the World of Health Work, Innovation, Policy and Purpose, will be unveiled at the conference. The Principal's Dan Houston contributed a chapter, entitled "Financial Security: Longevity Changes Everything." Houston offers a plan of action to ensure that aging is a time of fulfillment as opposed to a time of financial stress.
Each panel will be live-tweeted and video replay of the panels will be available on the Global Conference website (http://www.globalconference.org/) and at http://www.principal.com/landingpages/corporate/milken-2014/index.htm shortly after each panel takes place.
About Principal Global Investors
Principal Global Investors is a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, with expertise in equities, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Principal Global Investors manages $317.6 billion in assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a global investment management leader offering retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $483.2 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.4 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- As of March 31, 2014.
- Principal Global Investors is the asset management arm of the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) and includes the asset management operations of the following subsidiaries of The Principal: Principal Global Investors, LLC; Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC; Principal Enterprise Capital, LLC; Liongate Capital Management LLP; Spectrum Asset Management, Inc.; Post Advisory Group, LLC; Columbus Circle Investors; Edge Asset Management, Inc.; Morley Financial Services Inc.; Finisterre Capital, LLP; Origin Asset Management, LLP; Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited; Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Australia) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Japan) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd.; CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management Sdn. Bhd.; and the majority owned affiliates of Principal International, Inc. Assets under management includes assets managed by investment professionals of Principal Global Investors under dual employee arrangements with other subsidiaries of The Principal and assets managed in accordance with investment advice provided by Principal Global Investors through the delivery of a model.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of December 31, 2013.