Financing Your Dream Home
Thinking about buying a new home?
Whether it's your first home or your "next" home, this is an exciting time! Since this is not a frequent purchase for most people, we've selected some free, easy-to-use Planning Tools to help you do a little pre-planning at your leisure.
Have some fun...and dream a little! See how much home you can afford, and decide how much you feel comfortable spending.
- How much can I borrow?
- How much will my mortgage payments be?
- How much will adjustable rate payments be?
- Which is better: fixed or adjustable?
- Should I pay points to lower the rate?
- Which is better: 15 or 30 year term?
- How much should I put down for a new home?
- What home can I afford?
- How much can I save in taxes?
- What will my closing costs be?
- Am I better off renting?
- Am I better off refinancing?
- What will my refinancing costs be?
- How can I reduce mortgage insurance costs?
- Which loan is better?
- How advantageous are extra payments
- Which lender has the better loan?
These calculators are provided only as general self-help tools. Results depend on many factors, including the assumptions you provide. We do not guarantee their accuracy, or applicability to your circumstances. These tools are not offers, representations or warranties by any member companies of the Principal Financial Group®, and do not describe any specific products or services they offer. Before you use these tools, please read this important information.