Advantage Savings Accounts
Earn a great interest rate and maintain access to your cash with an FDIC-insured high-yield savings account from Principal Bank. Our high-yield savings account offers:
- Tiered interest rates: higher rates for higher balances (Interest is compounded and credited to your account quarterly)
- 24/7 online account access
- Three withdrawals each month:
- Transfer to your Principal Bank checking account online or by phone
- Transfer money to your accounts at other financial institutions with Principal Bank Money Movement or through the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH)
- Wire funds to your account at another financial institution
- Have a cashier's check mailed directly to you
- Combined statements with your other Principal Bank checking and savings accounts
- A fee of $10 per transaction applies if this limit is exceeded. See Schedule of Fees for other types of fees that may apply.
The following two requirements apply to Advantage Savings accounts: $25,000 minimum initial deposit; $25,000 monthly average balance to avoid $25 monthly fee.
Check current rates for Advantage Savings.
Open your high-yield savings account today online or call a personal banker at 1.800.672.3343 from 7 AM to 9 PM (Central Time), Monday through Friday excluding holidays, to open your account over the phone.
Plus, you have five ways to make deposits to your Advantage Savings account:
- Electronic deposit
- U.S. mail
- Telephone transfers
- Wire transfers
- Money Movement