General Account Information
- When are deposited funds available?
- When does my account information update on the Internet?
- When is interest deposited to my account?
- How do I make deposits to my account?
- How do I find an ATM to make a deposit?
- When do I receive paper statements?
- Will I be charged for ATM use?
- What if my Internet password doesn't work?
- What happens if I receive a message that my account has been disabled?
- How do I know which number on my check is my account number?
- How do I order checks or deposit slips?
- What is the Bank's mailing address?
- What if I need to overnight something to the Bank?
- Can I put all of my accounts on one monthly statement?
For a complete breakdown of when ATM and in-person deposits are available on your account, visit Funds Availability in the General Tools section of Customer Service.
Balance information is available real-time online. Transaction information is available real-time during the day, but may not be during overnight hours.
Interest is paid at statement cycle date on Principal Bank checking and money market accounts for balances above $2,500. Interest is paid quarterly on Principal Bank savings accounts.
You can make deposits in one of five ways:
- Electronic direct deposit
- ATM deposits and transfers
- Telephone transfers
- Wire transfers
For more information on each of these methods, visit the General Tools section of Customer Service and view the Deposit Methods.
Checking account statements are mailed monthly. Savings account statements are mailed quarterly, unless there is electronic activity, at which time a statement is then mailed that month. Note: you will not receive a paper statement if you have elected to receive online statements.
Principal Bank does not impose a charge for your use of non-Principal Bank ATM machines. However, some financial institutions assess surcharge fees to users for use of their machines. Principal Bank is a member of the SHAZAM Privileged Status program and members of this program do not assess surcharge fees. Visit Privileged Status SHAZAM site under the General Tools section of Customer Service to find Privileged Status machines in your area.
Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure you are keying it in EXACTLY as it was given to you. You can also use the "Forgot Password" link found below the password field. When you reset your password online, Principal Bank will send a one-time temporary password to the email address we have on record. If it still does not work, you may contact the Bank Customer Center at 1.800.672.3343.
You can use the "Forgot Password" link below the password field or you can call a Personal Banker at
1.800.672.3343 to have your password reset.
Checks can be ordered online via your account. In your account, choose the "Customer Service" tab and click on "Reorder Checks." You can also place an order by calling a customer service representative at 1.800.672.3343.
For General Bank Correspondence, including applications for new products, use the following address:
PO Box 9351
Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9351
The Bank's street address is:
711 High Street
Des Moines, IA 50392
Yes, you may add your other accounts, your children's accounts or any deposit account where you are an owner. There are just three guidelines to signing up:
- You must have a Principal Bank checking account to combine statements.
- You must be an owner (either primary or joint) on each of the accounts you combine, but all owners do not have to be the same on each account.
- Only deposit accounts can be combined (checking, savings, money market, CDs).