New Account Information
- What services are available with online banking?
- Are there any fees for banking online?
- When can I use online banking?
- What accounts can I view online?
- Can I apply for an account online?
- How long does it take to open an account?
- How do I access account information once my account is opened?
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- How do I get answers to questions that aren't answered here?
- Can I open an account from outside the United States?
You can perform the following services with online banking:
- Check your account balance
- Receive electronic bills
- Pay bills; one time or recurring
- View cleared checks, and current and previous statements
- Review recent transactions
- Transfer money between accounts in real time
- Use Money Movement to transfer money between your Principal Bank account and those at other financial institutions
- Categorize checking transactions for reporting purposes
Online Banking from Principal Bank is FREE, including unlimited online BillPay.
Online banking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with Internet access. No special software is required, as long as you use an SSL-compliant Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later.
- Deposit accounts - checking, savings, money market
- Certificates of deposit
Yes, simply go to the top left of any page on the Principal Bank site and click on Open A New Account button, and fill out our online application as directed.
Your account will be available to you within 5 business days after we receive your application. Your debit card and your first order of personalized checks will arrive in about 2 weeks.
Simply go to the top left navigation under Quick Links and click on Online Banking Enrollment. Enter the requested information, establish a Logon ID and Password and start enjoying the benefits of online banking.
Select "Personal" from the Account Login drop-down menu found in the upper left corner of this page and login to your account.
If you do not have a "Personal" login, or if you're unsure, go to Establish Your Username and Password.
Once you've logged in, go to the Account Summary for one of your accounts, click "More Services" in the left navigation and click the Direct Deposit form.
Contact a personal banker at 1.800.672.3343, 7 AM to 9 PM (Central Time), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
If you are contacting us from outside the United States, here are the requirements for opening an account.
- You must have either a Social Security Number or a Federal Tax ID Number and a residential mailing address in the U.S.
- All transactions with the bank are in U.S. dollars. We do not have the capability to exchange currency. Drafts from banks outside the U.S. are welcome, provided they are in U.S. currency.
- The bank can send only billpayments and statements to persons or entities within the United States, its Possessions, its Territories or at valid U.S. military APO or FPO addresses.
- The only way for an application to be completed is online. We cannot mail blank applications, even to prospective customers who meet the criteria.