Online Banking Enrollment
Thank you for choosing to open an account with us - to help meet your banking needs, please follow these instructions to setup your online access.
If you are a new customer to The Principal®, refer to Accessing Account Information on Principal.com (PDF: 453 KB) to set up online access.
If you currently have online access for other products and services from the Principal Financial Group, go to principal.com. Under Account Login, select "Personal" and click "Go".
To enroll for Online Statements:
- Click on "Your Profile" on the left side of the page under "Tools".
- Click the "Subscription & E-mail Preferences" link.
- Place a check mark beside the "Principal Bank Online Statements" selection from the available menu options and click the blue submit button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be sent a confirmation email and begin receiving online statements within 30 days.
To enroll for Online Banking (for checking & savings accounts):
- Click on one of your account links from the main account summary page.
- Click on "BillPay & Money Transfer" on the left hand navigation.
- Follow the steps outlined for enrollment in Online Banking.
- Watch for the confirmation email with details on accessing online banking.
Note: Online Banking will require a login separate and unique from the login credentials you use to access your accounts with The Principal. This is an added layer of security for bank account transactions.
Online access with Principal Bank lets you do it all--anytime, anywhere you have Internet access.
If you have questions, please call us at 1.800.672.3343. Our personal bankers are here to assist you from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Central Time), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. In addition, see our Online Statement Disclosures for more information.