Use a Principal Bank Savings Account for overdraft protection:
- Keep your extra funds earning higher interest
- Funds are accessed when checks or online billpayments exceed checking balances
- Transfers are made in increments of the overdraft amount with no transfer fee (limit 6 per month)
- Overdraft protection with your savings account is available to cover the checks you write and your online billpayments. At this time, overdraft protection from a savings account will not cover electronic transactions such as debit card and ATM transactions.
To sign up for Overdraft Protection today:
- New Customer: Sign up for Overdraft Protection while completing the online application
- Current Customer: Complete the Overdraft Protection Form under "More Services" in your "Personal" login. See for more detail.