Checking Account Switch Kit List
Review the checklist below when switching from an old checking account to a Principal Bank Checking Account.
- Make sure all checks have cleared on your checking account.
- Make certain enough funds are available in your account to cover any automatic payments that may yet need to be withdrawn.
- Double check maturity dates if transferring a Certificate of Deposit in order to avoid possible penalties.
- Send written notice to your direct deposit vendors (payroll, social security, CD interest payments, etc.) of the change in your relationship.
- Send written notice to your vendors who automatically take your payments from your checking account (utilities, insurance companies, internet service providers, banks, etc.) that you are closing the account.
- Send notification of new account information to vendors who you want to continue to generate automatic withdrawals instead of paying by BillPay; or use this notification to start a new automatic payment with a vendor.
- Send written notice to the financial institution that you are closing the account.