The Principal Scholars Scholarship
As a Principal Scholar, you will receive a scholarship in the amount of $5,000 (payment made directly to the university/college on recipient's behalf). Based on student interest and business need, there may be an opportunity to complete a professional internship with The Principal at the corporate campus in Des Moines, Iowa. To be eligible, you must be:
- African-American, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan Native
- U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Enrolled in college with a current status of sophomore or above
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Have an industry-related major such as liberal arts, business, information systems, finance and/or accounting
- Employees, agents and dependents of employees of The Principal and its subsidiaries are not eligible.
Scholars are selected based on the following:
- Work history
- Extracurricular involvement and leadership
- Personal interview for finalists
*Scholarship funds must be used towards educational expenses for the following academic year.
If you meet the qualifications, complete the application. All sections are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How do I apply?
Application are accepted: January through March of each year. Check back to submit an application.