Helping people is what we do at The Principal. And, with development as one of our core values, we think education is important. Cost shouldn’t be a factor holding students back. That’s why we offer the following scholarships to students.
Scholarship qualification criteria
- National Merit Scholarship
- The Principal supports the National Merit Scholarship program by sponsoring a $2,500 scholarship for dependents of employees who are program finalists. Refer to the National Merit Scholarship website for information on entering the program.
» Apply for National Merit Scholarship
- The Phyllis R. Johnson Scholarship
- Dependents or relatives of an employee of The Principal who are incoming freshmen at the University of Iowa are eligible to receive an $800 scholarship in memory of Phyllis R. Johnson.
» How to apply for the Phyllis R. Johnson Scholarship
- The Principal Edge Scholarship for Excellence
- For dependents, under age 25, of part-time and full-time employees of The Principal in all majority owned U.S. and International offices and locations who have a minimum of one year of employment with the Principal Financial Group as of the application deadline.
» How to apply for The Principal Edge Scholarship for Excellence
- The Principal Leadership Conference
- High performing first year college student may qualify to attend this two day conference in Des Moines. Attendees will be immersed in the professional world, network with qualified employees, develop leadership skills and be entered for a chance to win a $1,500 scholarship.
» Apply for The Principal Leadership Conference
- The Principal Scholars Program
- The program includes a $5,000 scholarship and optional paid summer internship.
» Apply for The Principal Scholar Program