At The Principal, we’re committed to helping growing businesses, individuals and institutional clients achieve financial security and success. Using our core value of integrity as a guide, we believe how we do things is every bit as important as what we do.
We take a responsible approach to business for our employees, customers and shareholders. And we believe the third-party recognition we’ve received over the years speaks to our commitment.
Take a look at some of the recent awards and recognitions we’ve been honored to receive:
For our employees
- Ranked No. 1 on Pensions & Investment’s Best Places to Work in Money Management for our category. December 2013
- Named among Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers for the 12th year. September 2013
- Noted as one of the Top 50 Companies for Executive Women for the 11th consecutive year by the National Association of Female Executives. February 2014
- Included on IDG's Computerworld as one of its 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 13 consecutive years, ranking 18th for 2014. June 2014
- Received the Above and Beyond award from the Iowa Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, honoring employers that provide extraordinary patriotic support and cooperation to employees serving in the military. May 2013
- Recognized as a Platinum Well Workplace by the Wellness Councils of America.
For our environment
- Named a CDP Climate Performance Leadership Index for our commitment to improving the environment. September 2013
- Principal Real Estate Investors received a top ranking from the 2013 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey. The Principal Green Property Fund ranked No. 1 in its respective peer group based on the environmental and social performance of the fund's property portfolio. September 2013
- Principal Global Investors was named the highest rated manager for environmental, social & governance matters by Investments & Pensions Europe, Pension Fund Perception Programme Awards. April 2013
- Principal Real Estate Investors ranked No. 2 on Commercial Property Executive’s list of the greenest real estate companies in the United States. March 2013
- We were the first company to sponsor a carbon-neutral Champions Tour golf tournament, The Principal Charity Classic. May 2011
For our community
- Winner of the Spirit of Central Iowa Award from United Way of Central Iowa – its highest honor for excellence in the three categories of Give, Advocate and Volunteer. April 2014
- Named a 2020 Women on Boards Winning Company for the third straight year, recognizing companies with 20 percent or more female directors. March 2014
- We were the 19th company to receive United Way of America’s Spirit of America Award for corporate community involvement.