- Resolution...with Uncertainty (PDF: 201 KB)
The U.S. elections of November 6 decided some issues, but key uncertainties remain. This public use commentary examines the new-yet-the-same state, and then shares thoughts on the economic impact of the elections as well as the implications for investors. For more information on this topic, also see Jim McCaughan's blog.
- The Principal Blog: Posts from the Economic Insights Category
Read blogs by Robin Anderson, an economist at Principal Global Investors and Jim McCaughan, chief executive of Principal Global Investors.
- Weekly Economic Insights (PDF: < 500 KB)
Economic commentary by Principal Global Investors offers a historical context for recent events, using solid research to provide realistic insights that may differ from the latest news headlines.
- Quarterly Economic Insights: Fourth Quarter 2011 (PDF: 449 KB)
2011 reminds us forecasting is never clear-cut. So with trepidation, we offer some thoughts on trends that will shape events and impact investors in 2012.
- May 29, 2012 Financial Times - Investing in a Negative Europe Scenario (4m 18s)
Jim McCaughan, chief executive of Principal Global Investors, thinks the European crisis will be the largest source of negative tail risk in the next few years. Distressed European assets have not yet materialized, so investors should look at small and mid-cap U.S. equities and emerging markets for return potential.
- 5 Best Practices for Investment Committees
- Exploring the ABCs of an ESOP Transaction
- Make the Most of Participant Disclosures
- Manage Risk With Solid Retirement Plan Governance
- Beyond Retirement Plan Disclosure
- Frozen Defined Benefit Plan Market is Heating Up
- What Can You Learn from the Best?