Legislation & Regulation
The member companies of the Principal Financial Group® have extensive experience helping you help your plan sponsor clients navigate the complexities of legislative and regulatory changes. Get updates here.
Latest Retirement Plan Legislation & Regulations
October 2012 (4Q) Summary of the Legislative and Regulatory Landscape
- The retirement industry is working diligently to implement plan sponsor fee disclosure regulations, which were finalized in February. The Department of Labor (DOL) delay of participant fee disclosure regulation was welcome news to many plan sponsors who needed time to finalize plans to share the required information with participants.
- Tax expenditures will likely consume the headlines in 2012 as political debate continues about how to reduce the national debt.
- Defined benefit plans are getting some much needed relief as several pieces of legislation addressing funding levels and interest rate volatility, were approved.
- Disclosure Regulations: Information from The Principal
- Participant Disclosure Regulation Resource Center