Get in the Door: Retirement Readiness Prospecting Tips
Looking to differentiate yourself when it comes to retirement readiness? Add a focus on participant outcomes. Simple plan design changes can make a big impact.
Access the resources you need to help get conversations started and keep plan sponsors engaged.
Resources for You
- Prospecting Checklist (PDF: 210 KB): Use this step-by-step guide to help gather and evaluate retirement plan data for your block of business, and get insight on conversation starters to help drive more successful outcomes.
- Value Proposition Guide (PDF: 208 KB): Identify what sets your firm apart from competitors, define your marketing strategy, and create a clear plan to communicate your firm’s purpose.
- Retirement Advisor Council Study (PDF: 632 KB): Access the executive summary from a recent study by the Retirement Advisor Council, entitled, “Partner with a Professional Retirement Plan Advisor and Achieve Higher Participant Retirement Readiness Scores.”
- Value of a Financial Professional Flier (PDF: 205 KB): Leverage third-party research to help plan sponsors realize the positive impact a financial professional can have on plan results.
- Research Summary (PDF: 618 KB): Review research conducted by Brightwork Partners LLC to help gauge plan sponsors' interest in outcomes-focused plan design discussions.
- Discussion Tracks (PDF: 107 KB): Prepare for questions and common concerns plan sponsors may have on the topic of retirement readiness.
- Prospecting Email Template (PDF: OFT): Introduce the concept of automatic features and plan design changes as a pre-cursor to a face-to-face meeting.
Support from The Principal®
- Retirement Readiness Analysis Tool: Use plan averages to showcase general retirement readiness, and outline potential costs due to employees working past normal retirement age. For assistance accessing this tool, contact your local representative.
- Replacement Ratio Tool for Defined Contribution Plans: Use plan specific demographic plan data to determine if participants in a retirement plan are on track toward reaching adequate retirement savings. For assistance accessing this tool, contact your local representative.
- Engaging, easy-to-use reports, provided for plans at The Principal
- Retirement Readiness Report (PDF: 805 KB): Highlights key plan-level metrics to help plan sponsors track the success of the retirement plan.
- Retirement Wellness Report (PDF: 178 KB): Tells participants whether or not they're on track for retirement and includes steps they can take to help get and/or stay on track.