Skip navigation.
Go to the Principal Financial Group(R) home page
Secure  Account Login

Select login type:

Quick Links

How do I open a new J Shares Mutual Fund?

If you will receive a distribution from a retirement plan with plan services provided by the Principal Financial Group and want to invest it in a mutual fund, follow these instructions:

  • Step 1: Call us at 1.800.247.8000 extension 1276. We will help you determine what investment options may be right for you. We will pre-fill the necessary paperwork and send you a prospectus along with the application for you to sign.
  • Step 2: Sign and mail the application and check according to the instructions on the application.

Before investing in mutual funds, investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the funds. This and other information is contained in the free prospectus, which can be obtained by completing this request form, downloading from our site, or by calling 1.800.222.5852. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.


Investment and insurance products are: not a deposit · not FDIC Insured ·
not insured by any federal government agency · not a bank guarantee · and may lose value.

Have a question? Call us at 1.800.986.3343

Copyright © , Principal Financial Services, Inc.
Disclosures and Terms of Use | Products and Services Disclosures | Privacy and Security
Securities offered through Princor Financial Services Corporation, member SIPC