Voluntary Vision Insurance
Voluntary vision insurance from Principal Life Insurance Company is an affordable and desired benefit, with nearly 70% of employees willing to trade some vacation time for vision benefits1.
Vision impairment and eye disease cost the United States $68 billion annually in direct healthcare costs, lost productivity and diminished quality of life2. And there is a significant link between vision and overall health3.
Why offer Voluntary Vision?
- Offered with the same standard features as our employer-paid benefit
- Typical vision premiums cost only a few dollars a month, adding a low-cost solution to employee benefit packages while balancing budget needs
- The opportunity is clear - only 29% of employees in private industry have access to vision care benefits4.
- No deductibles or copayments
- Flexible participation guidelines that allow enrolling groups with the greater of 25% or 10 enrolled lives
- No dependent participation requirements
- Coverage for both employees and dependents
- Benefit customization in $5 increments
- Annual enrollment
- Freedom when choosing a vision provider
- Access to discounts on vision products and services received through VSP providers utilizing the VSP Access Plan
For more information:
- Contact your local representative of Principal Life
1 Employee Benefits News; August 2001 vol 15, no 10
2 National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (NAEVR) Fact Sheet, www.eyeresearch.org/resources/NEI_factsheet.html viewed: 6-12-06
3 Vision Service Plan, February 2006
4 United States Bureau of Labor Statistics National Compensation Survey, 2005. www.bls.gov/ncs/ebs