Discounts & Services
At Principal Life Insurance Company, we have relationships with some of the most trusted names in health and wellness programs.
Individuals covered under group dental, disability, life, vision and/or critical illness policies are eligible for several discounts and services. These discounts are not insurance.
Available with All Products
- Prescription Drug Program – Employees and their family members can access this discount program, provided by OneBeacon Services®. Individuals save on generic and brand-name drugs.1
- Laser Vision Correction – Through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc., employees and their dependents receive savings on this elective surgery.
- Hearing Aid Program – Employees, their spouses, children, parents and grandparents receive free annual hearing screenings and are eligible for discounts on digital hearing aids through American Hearing Benefits, Inc.
- Weight Loss – Weight Watchers® offers different weight loss plans to meet employees’ needs. Employees receive discounts to Weight Watchers Online.
- Oral Health Care – Employees receive discounts on Epic oral health products to prevent bacteria from producing enamel-dissolving acid.
- Magazine Program – Employees receive a discount to Diabetic Living® from the publisher of Better Homes and Gardens.
Available with Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance - Employees, their spouses and dependent children (whether traveling together or separately) have access to travel, medical, legal and financial assistance plus emergency medical evacuation benefits provided by AXA Assistance2 when traveling domestically or internationally more than 100 miles from home for up to 120 consecutive days. Available with group term life insurance only.
- Will & Legal Document Center – Employees and their spouses have free access to resources and tools provided by ARAG® 3 to create a Will, Living Will, Healthcare Power of Attorney, Durable Power of Attorney and Medical Treatment Authorization for Minors.
- Identity Theft Kit – This kit from ARAG helps employees protect themselves from identity theft, as well as restore and reclaim their identity if needed.
- Beneficiary Support – Beneficiaries receive grief support, and help with group life insurance policy proceeds. Spouse beneficiaries and dependents also receive online access to will preparation services provided by ARAG.
Available with Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program – Employees and their immediate families receive help coping with life’s everyday, and not so everyday, challenges with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) from Magellan Health Services.
Available with Dental and/or Vision Insurance
- Vision Care – Employees, their spouses and dependent children can get discounts on LASIK surgery, eye exams, prescription glasses and lenses through the VSP Access Plan.
- Dental Health EdgeSM – This online service helps employees make better decisions about oral health care. The site is also available in Spanish.
Principal Life and its affiliates are not responsible for any loss, injury, claim liability, or damages related to the use of the discounts and services.