Help Topics: General Information
- How do I contact the Principal Financial Group®?
- What are the ratings for the Principal Financial Group?
- Where is the Principal Financial Group located?
- When I print a Principal.com page, the right side of the
page gets cut off. What can I do?
- How do I access account information online?
- How do I change my mailing address?
- How do I change my name or beneficiary?
- How do I access retirement account information via the telephone?
- Do the Separate Accounts available under my employer's retirement plan have ticker symbols, and if so how can I look up performance information in the paper?
- By Email: Contact Us form
- By Phone: 1.800.986.3343, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday.
- By Mail:
The Principal Financial Group
711 High Street
Des Moines, IA 50392-0001
Ratings information can be found on the ratings page of our investor relations site.
We have offices located across the United States as well as globally. Here's where you can find an office near you.
First, check and see if there is a "Printable Page" link on the top of the page. If that's available, click on the link and then print. If that option isn't available on the page you would like to print, try changing your page settings on your browser to reduce your margins. You can change your settings by:
- Clicking on "File"
- Selecting "Page Settings"
- Changing the left and right margins to .25 and the top and bottom margins to .75
- Clicking "Ok"
If you're still having trouble printing, you can also try changing from a portrait orientation to a landscape orientation (same instructions as above, but instead of changing margins select the landscape option). Or, you may contact us. Be sure to include the URL (web page address) in the text of the message.
To access account information online, select your login type and click Go, then enter your username and password. If it's your first time logging in, you choose the appropriate login type, then click "Establish your new username and password."
We offer a variety of ways to notify us of an address change, depending on what is easiest for you. Please note, customers of Principal Bank must submit address changes in writing with a signature.
To notify us of an address change, you may contact us by:
- Change it online or email us: Log in to our secure site. Choose either "My Profile" or "Change Address" under the Tools section and follow the instructions.
- Call us: 1.800.986.3343, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday.
- Send a written request including your name, identification number (typically your Social Security number), account number(s), your new mailing address, and your signature to:
The Principal Financial Group
P.O. Box 10393
Des Moines, Iowa
For legal reasons we must receive a beneficiary change request in writing. Check our forms library to see if you can print the form from our site. If you don't see the form there, you can request one by calling us at 1.800.986.3343, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday. Once you have completed the form you can mail it to the above address or fax it to 515.248.9740.
Call TeleTouch® (an interactive voice response system) at 1.800.547.7754, 2 a.m. - midnight, Central Time, Sunday - Friday, and 2 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Saturday.
Do the Separate Accounts available under my employer's retirement plan have ticker symbols, and if so how can I look up performance information in the paper?
Separate Accounts are not publicly traded and do not have ticker symbols. While you can't track retirement account performance in financial periodicals, you can check aggregate account performance online daily through our Rates, Values & Performance. Retirement plan participants can also call the Client Contact Center at 1.800.547.7754 for further information. Counselors are available from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday.