Protecting Your Income
Individual Disability Income (DI) insurance provides a monthly benefit to help replace a portion of your income if you become too sick or hurt to work.
Coverage is available to individuals working at least 20 hours per week.*
- You choose how to use the monthly benefits - to cover your expenses, maintain your lifestyle or fund your savings.
- Benefits can supplement any current group long-term disability (LTD) insurance program so you can protect more of your income. Most Group LTD programs cover only 60% of gross income before taxes.
- You can structure a policy to include the features and benefits that fit your needs.
- Average annual cost is typically only 1% to 3% of what you earn.
- Discounts may be available for select occupations and groups of employees.
Calculate your coverage needs
Find out how much coverage you need. Launch calculator.
Contact your financial representative today! Don't have one? Locate one through our Office Locations section.
Disability insurance has limitations and exclusions. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Principal Life financial representative.
Policy Form #s HH641/HH750