Principal Universal Life Protector IVSM
How It Works
Security is your priority. You want to be certain your commitments are taken care of for the long term. Principal Universal Life Protector IV SM (UL Protector IV) from The Principal Financial Group® helps ensure future obligations can be met by providing you with guaranteed death benefit protection.
UL Protector IV puts you in the driver's seat to make choices through:
- Flexibility to select the length of guaranteed death benefit protection up to lifetime coverage
- Flexibility to select the level of premium paid into the contract.
- Flexibility to decrease or increase (subject to underwriting rules in effect at the time) the policy's death benefit.
One of the key features of this product is the guaranteed death benefit coverage provided at reasonable premium levels. This type of coverage is achieved through the Lapse Protection feature.
Lapse Protection Feature
With the Lapse Protection Rider, you can help to guarantee your policy will not lapse for a few years or for your lifetime. You control how long your policy remains in force without lapsing by the amount of premium you pay into the policy.
- Under the Lapse Protection Rider, a Lapse Protection Value accumulates as you pay premiums into the policy. As long as the policy's Lapse Protection Value is greater than the loan indebtedness, your policy's coverage is guaranteed not to lapse. In the first year, payment of a minimum premium is required.
- A financial representative of The Principal® can help you determine the premium that provides the amount and length of death benefit protection you desire.
- This protection feature is not affected by changes in the interest crediting rates and policy charges that are used to determine the Surrender Value of the policy, nor is the Lapse Protection Value available in cash at time of surrender. However, this feature is affected by any changes made to the policy (loans, surrenders, etc.), and these changes will affect the lapse protection guarantee period. The amount, frequency, duration or timing of premium payments will have a direct impact on the lapse protection guarantee period.
Security for Life
UL Protector IV helps guarantee that your loved ones and your obligations are covered. You get flexible guaranteed death benefit protection with tax-advantaged accessibility and optional riders and policy provisions - all in one product. Talk to a financial representative of The Principal today about leaving a legacy of security to your loved ones using UL Protector IV.
Contact your financial representative today! Don't have one? Locate one through our Office Locations section.
- Guarantees based on the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
- The policy description is not intended to cover all restrictions, conditions or limitations that may apply. Benefits may be limited during the first two years of your policy under the Suicide and Contestability provisions. See the policy for full details. The policy is subject to state variations and availability.
- The policy's Lapse Protection provision, and its underlying protection, will be affected by any changes in premium payment amounts, premium payment frequency, loans, partial surrenders, face amount adjustments, death benefit option changes, risk class changes and addition/deletion of any attached rider. Please see your policy for more information.
- The lapse protection value will be reduced by lapse protection premium expense charges, lapse protection monthly policy charges, and partial surrenders.
Insurance products from the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) are issued by Principal National Life Insurance Company (except in New York) and Principal Life Insurance Company, Des Moines, IA 50392.
Policy Form # SF 889 / SN 46