For Suppliers: Invoice & Payment Requirements
Invoices submitted to The Principal® must include:
- Your Federal tax identification number (TIN)
- Your company name and address
- Our correct billing address
- Correct purchase order number or contract number
- If no purchase order number, then the department number of your contact at The Principal or your contact's name
- Description of products or services provided
- Remittance information
- If located outside of the US - Where the product was provided or where the service was performed
Our preferred method of payment is by credit card. Be prepared to discuss this option and how it affects both invoicing and payments.
- If unable to accept credit card at point of sale, submit original invoices for payments. We will not issue payments from duplicate copies or monthly statements.
- Payment will be made in accordance with the payment terms established
- If located in the US – a current Form W-9 will be requested
- If located outside of the US – an original Form W-8 will be required before payment can be made
See our purchase order terms for more details.