Prepare for Your Meeting with a Financial Professional or Advisor
Working with a financial professional or advisor can be an important step in working to achieve your dreams. You can make the most of your meeting by doing some basic prep work ahead of time. These tips can help.
1. Ask what to bring
Your financial professional or advisor may give you a specific checklist of information for you to bring to your first meeting. If not, ask him or her what you should bring. Examples may include:
- Recent financial statements (checking and savings accounts, stocks, mutual funds, 529 plans and so on)
- A list of assets and debts
- Your most recent Social Security statement
- Insurance policies (such as life and disability insurance)
- Your most recent tax return
- A list of employee benefits (retirement plans, insurance, etc.)
2. Think about your dreams and goals
Your financial professional or advisor needs to understand you and your dreams for the future. To help identify your dreams and goals.
You can then print the results and bring that to your meeting.
These Dream Again Financial Roadmaps may help spur your dreaming as well.