Dreaming of owning your own home? Learn how to make this dream a reality—and make the most of your investment over time.
- Purchasing a home you can afford
Before you buy a home, make sure the monthly payments will fit in with your other financial commitments.
- Is it time to downsize your home?
Consider the impact downsizing may have as you near retirement.
- 10 Energy-smart home improvements
Find out what upgrades may help you save money on energy bills.
- Buy or rent? How to decide in a turbulent housing market
Home prices are reasonable and interest rates are at near-record low levels. It's the perfect time to buy a house, right? Maybe. Learn about some of the benefits — and drawbacks — of home ownership.
- Are you better off renting in retirement?
With a mortgage nearly paid off and retirement just around the corner, many baby boomers are considering trading home ownership for the simpler life of a renter.
- Pros and cons of paying off your mortgage
It might be emotionally appealing to pay off your mortgage. Financially, it may not be a good move. Find out why.
Home Financing Calculators
Get help determining how much house you can afford.