Create your financial game plan
Putting together a financial game plan can seem complicated, but the Principal Financial Group® is here to help. We want to make things easier for you, and it starts with 10 fundamental plays outlined in The Principal Financial Playbook.
The playbook provides the necessary tools to help you start your financial planning. Here’s a preview of a few key financial plays the playbook offers:
- Understanding where you are today — financially. A great way to do that is by creating a budget.
- Thinking about your financial goals, both short-term and long-term. Setting several smaller goals can help you reach the larger ones.
- Considering retirement needs early. You need to play the long game, and that means save early, save regularly and make the most of every saving opportunity.
- Being prepared for the unexpected. Things may be going smoothly, but if the car breaks down or you have a medical emergency, then what? Save money for those unexpected expenses.
- Working with a coach. Team up with an experienced financial professional to help you take action — tailoring an overall financial strategy to meet your unique situation and goals.
Ready to take action on reaching your financial goals?
Download The Principal Financial Playbook (PDF: 653 KB) to help you create a financial game plan.