Make your retirement savings last
Many Americans today question whether they will have enough money to retire comfortably.
Even people who have been diligent about saving may not realize where their money goes once they’re no longer bringing home a paycheck.
See the infographic to the right for some tips for managing money as a retiree, including events and actions that can help preserve — or drain — retirement savings.
- Talk with your financial professional about possible retirement income strategies.
- Cut out expenses for things you no longer need or want — and see if you miss them.
- Don't underestimate your out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Maintain your emergency fund so you'll have a cushion for life's surprises.
- Test-drive your retirement budget for several months before you actually retire. That will help you decide if you'll have enough to live on — or if you'll need to save more.