Plan Ahead. Get Ahead.® Winter 2013 Issue
Plan Ahead. Get Ahead. features financial, how-to articles designed to help retirement plan customers from the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®).
Inside this Issue
- Resolve to build a stronger retirement
Jean Chatzky shares five financial tips and ways to help keep your savings on track.
- Infographic: Stay on track with help from a financial professional
A professional can provide the help you may need to achieve your financial goals.
- 7 Tips to help you get physically and financially fit
Stay healthy and consider increasing your savings with these resolutions.
- Benefit from a basic budget
Liberate yourself from financial surprises with this basic exercise.
- 8 Tips to consider for your finances
Savvy strategies that may help your financial outlook.
- Will you be ready to retire?
Check if your savings are on track with your retirement goals.
- Could you outlive your retirement savings?
Take time to make necessary adjustments to your plan for retirement.
- 7 Questions to help prepare you for retirement
Ask yourself these things before making one of life’s biggest decisions.
- Take our poll
What’s the most important financial resolution you’ll make for the new year?
- Save more for retirement
- Stay within my budget
- Reduce credit card debt
- Won’t make any resolutions
- All of the above
Download a print-friendly version of this issue
Getting Started (PDF: 1.2 MB)
- Typically ages 18-34
- Just starting a career, new job, or saving for retirement
- Just learning how to save and invest
Finding Balance (PDF: 1.4 MB)
- Typically ages 35-49
- Balancing spending today and planning for the future
- Wondering if you're on track for retirement
Nearing Retirement (PDF: 1.3 MB)
- Typically ages 50-65
- Want confidence to have enough money during retirement
- Wondering how to turn savings into retirement income