Plan Ahead. Get Ahead.® Spring 2013 Issue
Plan Ahead. Get Ahead. features financial, how-to articles designed to help retirement plan customers from the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®).
Inside this Issue
- Be app-smart and stay safe
Manage your money while protecting your information.
- Don't overlook healthcare when saving for retirement
Medical costs could top the list of expenses in retirement. Learn more with this infographic.
- 6 Ways to build good credit
A solid credit score increases your financial options. Find out how to build yours.
- Juggling financial priorities
Find out how to keep your retirement savings on track in the midst of day-to-day expenses.
- Tips to help if you haven't saved enough
If you've fallen behind on your retirement savings — or haven't saved anything — it's not too late.
- What impacts your credit?
Learn what goes into that magic credit score number and how to keep it strong.
- 5 "Surprise" retirement expenses
Don't let these unexpected bills sneak up on you. Plan for them ahead of time.
- Good health may help preserve your nest egg
Make sure you're not overlooking this key investment as you build your retirement savings.
- Take our poll
Have you factored healthcare expenses into your retirement planning?
- I don't know where to start
Download a print-friendly version of this issue
Getting Started (PDF: 1.6 MB)
- Typically ages 18-34
- Just starting a career, new job, or saving for retirement
- Just learning how to save and invest
Finding Balance (PDF: 1.3 MB)
- Typically ages 35-49
- Balancing spending today and planning for the future
- Wondering if you're on track for retirement
Nearing Retirement (PDF: 1.4 MB)
- Typically ages 50-65
- Want confidence to have enough money during retirement
- Wondering how to turn savings into retirement income