Why October Warrants a Celebration!
October is here, and as a company who is passionate about employee stock ownership plans, the Principal Financial Group® could not be more thrilled at what these next thirty one days represent. October is National ESOP Employee Ownership month and offers the opportunity for us, and all who share our passion, to take some time to recognize the tremendous benefits ESOPs have to offer.
Seize the opportunity to educate
Employee ownership month provides the perfect platform to educate those that are unfamiliar with ESOPs about their benefits. For example, the ESOP Association took a survey in 2012 and the following conclusions were held by an overwhelming amount of respondents: Creating employee ownership through an ESOP is a good business decision which can help a company and improve productivity of employees.
Join us in our celebration
The ESOP Association has been celebrating this along with plan sponsors for more than twenty years, and The Principal® supports this celebration as an important reminder of ESOPs in the workplace. Join us, and take action promoting and facilitating the important recognition of ESOPs in your companies!
Party well past October
The Principal is devoted to recognizing ESOPs and making your job of managing them easier not just in October, but all twelve months of the year. Visit the following resources to continue the celebration of ESOPs everyday:
- The Principal Blog
- Visit ESOP Edge regularly for current news and trends
- Discover the ESOP Edge Resource Center
- Explore the ESOP Association toolkit
- 93.3& of survey respondents reported that creating employee ownership through an ESOP was "a good business decision that has helped the company", ESOP Economic Performance Survey, The ESOP Association, June 2012
- 76% of respondents indicated the ESOP positively affected the overall productivity of the employees, ESOP Economic Performance Survey, The ESOP Association, June 2012
Insurance products and plan administrative services are provided by Principal Life Insurance Company a member of the Principal Financial Group (The Principal), Des Moines, IA 50392.
PQ11520 | 10.2013 | t13092601uf