A Not-For-Profit plan lets employees save for retirement by reducing current salary on a before-tax basis. It can be used with profit-sharing, money purchase, Defined Benefit, and Nonqualified plans.
We're committed to providing our clients with the industry expertise they need to understand and comply with the ever-changing industry regulations.
What are the advantages of a Not-for-Profit retirement program?
- It helps recruit and keep quality employees
- It helps participants build retirement security
- It is mostly funded from dollars paid as salary
- Save for retirement through easy payroll deduction
- Choose the amount they want to save
- Change the amount saved to meet current needs
- Reduce their taxable income
- Defer taxes on the amount saved and its earnings until the retirement plan pays benefits
Let our experience work for you
As a leader in the Not-For-Profit industry , we have depth and breadth of experience in developing retirement plan services to meet your needs. Our consultants also have expertise in:
- Understanding the intricacies of tax exemption, its effect on the Not-For-Profit culture, and ERISA and fiduciary complexities
- The 403(b) Regulations and F5500 reporting requirements as they apply to retirement plans for tax-exempt organizations
See how plan services benefit everyone
As a plan sponsor for a Not-For-Profit plan, both you and your participants will have access to premium service and solutions. Details
Realizing the full potential of your retirement program
We offer comprehensive, consolidated and streamlined retirement plan services to help meet your needs and achieve the outcomes you seek.
Already working with a Third-Party administrator?
You can also unbundle your retirement plan services with The Principal to help meet your individual needs.
- Find out how these regulations affect plan sponsors and see what actions could be considered. (PDF: 300 KB)
- Get guidance on 403(b) plans and associated fiduciary concerns in the analysis of 403(b) rules applicable to plans, sponsors and their officers white paper. (PDF: 192 KB)
- View 403(b) compliance guides and related research papers from The Principal.