The Principal® Difference: Leaders in Retirement
The heart of our business
Retirement is our core competency, representing over 94 percent of total assets under management at The Principal.
Your retirement plan will benefit from outstanding service and support from our staff, and you can rest assured knowing you are working with an industry leader.
Defined Contribution plans
We are a leading recordkeeper of Defined Contribution plans as well as a leader in the ERISA and employer-sponsored non-profit market with nearly 30,000 Defined Contribution plans nationwide.
Retirement is our core competency, representing over 94 percent of total assets under management.
Defined Benefit plans
We are the no. 1 provider of total Defined Benefit plans serviced. By leveraging the extensive knowledge and experience of our dedicated specialists, we serve nearly 2,400 Defined Benefit plans with over 340,000 plan participants.
Employee Stock Ownership plans
Have questions? Contact a local representative today for more information or to find a financial professional in your area.
- As of 06/30/2011
- No. 3 recordkeeper of defined contribution plans based on number of plans, PLANSPONSOR Recordkeeping Survey, June 2011
- 2011 PLANSPONSOR Recordkeeping Survey, The Principal ranked 10th our of 74 providers for number of ERISA 403(b) plans, and 10th our of 74 providers for ERISA 403(b) assets.
- Investment Advisor magazine, November 2010. Based on total number of defined benefit plans recordkept.
- As of 03/31/2011
- As of 06/30/2011. The Principal provides recordkeeping for nearly 790 ESOP's and consulting services for more than 85 additional ESOP plans.
- Based on number of plans, PLANSPONSOR Recordkeeping Survey, June 2011
- Based on number of plans, PLANSPONSOR Deferred Compensation Plan Buyer's Guide, December 2010