Third-Party Administrator Plans: Plan Services
A strong partnership between us and your TPA will give you the best of the both worlds - a local administrator combined with our legacy of expertise and commitment to your success.
Delivering a broad range of services
We will work your TPA to provide a holistic approach to your retirement plan needs, so you can be more strategic. This includes:
When your plan services are with The Principal, both you and your TPA will have more convenient access to your retirement plan information online. This enables all groups to access relevant information and offer suggestions more quickly, which helps increase your efficiency. We will work with your TPA on your retirement plan - thus making it easy for you. Services can include:
- Investment services
- Fiduciary support
- Employee education and communication
- Benefit determination and payment
- Retiree payout services
We know that if employees don't act, they are less likely to enjoy retirement. As a group, employees generally don't know how much to save, how to invest or even when to get started.
Unique education program
We can help participants plan and prepare for retirement, regardless of where they're at in their career or life.
- Awareness – A personal approach to boosting the power of your plan
- We collaborate with you and your financial professional to help establish education and goals specific to your plan/employee demographics, then measure results to help determine what is and isn't working, and identify potential changes to improve results.
- Education – A variety of methods to engage participants through all stages
- We deliver retirement plan awareness and education to participants the way they prefer – on-site, on-the-go, or online – for greater engagement.
- Participant education services are designed to motivate your participants to act, which in turn can help them plan and prepare for retirement – regardless of where they're at in their career or life.
- Planning – Paving the way to help participants dream again
- Results show that participants who have a written plan save more than participants who do not, but only a small percentage of participants actually have a written plan.
- We continue to support participants as they approach and enter retirement, including helping them to convert savings into income so that it may last throughout retirement.
Reaching employees their way
We employ traditional communication methods as well as new technologies, such as social media, mobile and web technologies, to help reach a more diverse participant base. We also deliver retirement plan awareness and education to participants the way they prefer – on-site, on-the-go or online.
Making it easier to take action
Your participants will also have access to automated solutions, including:
- Easy enrollment online, by telephone or mail.
- Automatic enrollment for participants who meet your retirement plan's eligibility requirements.
- Automatic salary deferral increases.
- One of the most comprehensive line-ups of retirement-focused lifecycle investment options in the industry.
Developing a plan
Retirement planning is critically important for participants, so we assist participants by providing guidance in developing a written plan.
- An exclusive online tool, My Principal Edge Milestones®, helps participants identify their retirement goals, determine if they are on track, and create a personalized, action-oriented guide to help them reach their goals.
- Principal Retire Secure conducts a holistic financial needs analysis and helps participants develop a personalized, action-oriented guide to help them take steps to achieve their retirement goals.
- Through Principal Retirement Income EdgeSM we continue to:
- Support participants as they approach and enter retirement,
- Help participant convert savings into income at retirement, and
- Help participants plan for savings to last throughout retirement.
Contact a local representative today for more information or to find a financial professional in your area.
- Each Principal LifeTime portfolio and Principal Strategic Asset Management Portfolio is available through a Separate Account or Principal Funds, Inc. mutual fund. Principal LifeTime Separate Accounts and Principal Strategic Asset Management Separate Accounts are made available through a group annuity contract with the Principal Life Insurance Company, Des Moines, IA 50392. May not be available in all states or U.S. commonwealths.
- The investment advice provided through the Principal Managed Account Program is provided by Ibbotson Associates. Access to the advice and securities and advisory products are offered through Princor Financial Services Corporation, 1.800.547.7754. Princor is a member of the Principal Financial Group, Des Moines, Iowa, 50392. To obtain a copy of Ibbotson Associates disclosure brochure or the Princor Financial Services Corporation Disclosure Brochure and Privacy Notice, visit www.principal.com or call 1.800.547.7754 and speak to a retirement specialist.
Before investing in mutual funds, investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the funds. This and other information is contained in the free prospectus, which can be obtained from your local representative or by contacting us at 1.800.547.7754. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
The value of the investment options will fluctuate so that when redeemed, shares or units may be worth more or less than the original cost.
No investment strategy, such as asset allocation or diversification, can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.