Variable Annuities from The Principal
Find out how variable annuities can be an important part of your retirement income strategy.
Annuities are a popular, tax-deferred investment vehicle for those in or near retirement (typically ages 50 to 85) who are looking for:
- A way to save and accumulate money for future needs
- Flexible income benefit options - helping hedge the risk of living too long and outliving your income
- Protection against living too long and outliving assets
- Tax-deferred growth opportunities
- Guaranteed death benefits
Guarantees based on the claims paying ability of Principal Life Insurance Company.
How an annuity works
Whether you're starting to invest for retirement, or rolling old retirement accounts into a rollover IRA, you decide up-front how long you'll be investing. When it's time to start receiving payments, you select how and when you receive them.
A variety of products to meet different needs
Principal Life Insurance Company, a member company of the Principal Financial Group® has a complete portfolio of annuity products to meet a variety of needs.