Cypress Creek Emergency Medical Services – 2012 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
During the economic downturn, Cypress Creek Emergency Medical Services has encouraged employees to continue saving for retirement. “We’ve kept employees motivated to stay in the 401(k), and we’ve maximized the employer match as much as possible,” explains Bradley J. England, the organization’s executive director.
- 100 percent employer-paid medical insurance premiums for employees; 95 percent employer-paid medical insurance premiums for dependents
- 401(k) plan with a discretionary annual employer contribution; average employee deferral of seven percent
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for short- and long-term disability insurance
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for life insurance
- Automatically enrolls employees into 401(k) plan at seven percent contribution rate
Cypress Creek EMS relies on J. Christopher Charron, Benefit Design Consultants
Cypress Creek EMS selected His Grace Foundation to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.
- Location: Spring, Texas
- Type of business: Emergency response provider
- Number of employees: 177
- Founded: 1975
- Percent of employees participating in 401(k) plan: 90 percent
- Web site: www.ccems.com
Why the judges selected them
Julia A. Pilleri, Principal 10 Best Judge and Assistant Controller, Associates for International Research, Inc. (transcript):
About the company
Cypress Creek Emergency Medical Services is a 911 and emergency services provider covering 250 square miles and serving 600,000 individuals. Volunteer and career staff use state-of-the-art emergency medical knowledge, skills, protocols, and equipment to perform emergency medical services as soon as possible.