nLogic – 2012 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
Tim Thornton, president and CEO of nLogic, says protecting employees’ financial security starts with making sure employees have a stable work environment. “We’ve worked hard to grow the company so when we have a downturn in certain areas, we’ve been able to move our people over to new program areas,” he explains. “That growth has allowed us to continue to protect our people and sustain our benefits.”
- 401(k) plan (with Roth 401(k) deferral option) with a 12 percent non-matching plus a 100 percent employer match up to 3 percent of pay; annual Profit Sharing contribution; average employee deferral of nine percent
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Immediate participation and vesting in all retirement plans
- Incentive Stock Option Plan (ISOP) and bonus plan for contributions to company growth
- 80 percent employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for employees and dependents
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for short- and long-term disability insurance
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for life insurance
- Extensive wellness program with biometric screenings
nLogic relies on these financial professionals:
- Gayle Milton, Financial Resources
- Ron Wood, Synovus Securities, Inc.
nLogic selected Huntsville Hospital Foundation to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.
- Location: Huntsville, Ala.
- Type of business: Provides products and services to Government and industry customers
- Number of employees: 67
- Founded: 2005
- Percent of employees participating in 401(k) plan: 100 percent
- Web site: www.nlogic.com
Why the judges selected them
Julia A. Pilleri, Principal 10 Best Judge and Assistant Controller, Associates for International Research, Inc. (transcript):
About the company
nLogic, an employee-owned small business, focuses on systems engineering and integration, software development, modeling and simulation, test and evaluation, logistics, information technologies and cyber security. The company provides logical solutions to Government and industry customers with headquarters in Huntsville, AL and operating offices in five other locations.