WHR Architects – 2012 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
"'Architecture with people in mind' is more than our tagline," says David H. Watkins, FAIA, chairman and founding principal. "It's the foundation of who we are as a company. We couldn't deliver the quality of design and service that are so important to our clients without a talented and dedicated team. These talented professionals are the future of our practice, and they deserve a supportive workplace with excellent benefits."
- 100 percent employer-paid medical insurance premiums for employees and dependent coverage is provided for Shareholders
- 100percent dental coverage for employees and dependent coverage is provided for Shareholders
- 401(k) plan with a discretionary employer match of up to 10 percent on all contributions up to IRS maximum; average employee deferral of 8.2 percent
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for short- and long-term disability insurance
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for life and AD&D insurance
- Extensive wellness program with biometric screenings and Flu Shot at no charge
WHR Architects relies on these financial professionals:
- Bill Fisher, Higginbotham and Associates
- Lindsay Lambert-Herrmann, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Carl Lambert, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
WHR Architects selected Methodist Hospital Foundation to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Type of business: Architecture firm
- Number of employees: 125
- Founded: 1979
- Percent of employees participating in 401(k) plan: 90 percent
- Web site: www.whrarchitects.com
Why the judges selected them
John C. Robak, Principal 10 Best Judge and Chief Operating Officer, Greeley and Hansen (transcript):
About the company
WHR Architects is a full service architecture, interior design and technology planning firm. The firm’s commitment to critical thinking is balanced by an ingrained empathy that results in both improved project outcomes and positive working experiences for their clients. With over 125 people in Houston and Dallas, Texas, Washington DC and New Jersey, the 33-year-old firm is working on projects throughout the US for top-tier public and private education and medical institutions.